Saturday, February 7, 2015

Korean Gem in BGC's Urban Setting

"Korean Gem" you ask? Well, it's none other than SEOUL EXPRESS located at The Fort Strip, BGC!

A food-haven for me and my friends (classmates) after our Korean language class at the Korean Cultural Center (Elem1-A). This is where we retrieve our energy back after our tiring but fun-filled and fulfilling Korean lessons!!

I love the simple and authentic feel of the place. It reminds me of the restaurants we went to when we were in Seoul. I have to account 50% of my nostalgia to the wooden box with a lid which contains the utensils! Oh hello Spoon (숟가락) and Chopsticks (젓가락).

We've visited this place twice already (and counting~✌️). To our delight, we would always leave with BIG SMILES on our faces and of course, HAPPY TUMMIES!

On our first visit, I went for their Hot Pot Bibimbap (돌솥비빔밥). What can I say? I'm a fan of Bibimbap! ❤️ My favorite Korean cuisine by the way. I usually calibrate a Korean restaurant based on their Bibimbap (I'm serious~ from its presentation to taste!).

Seoul Express' Hot Pot Bibimbap (돌솥비빔밥)

As soon as the server placed it in front of me.. Oh my, the aroma~ ☺️ I already knew that I'm in for a treat! I immediately mixed it while its hot. As they say, strike while the iron is hot! Now I'll use all my might (plus spoon & chopsticks) in mixing the Bibimbap well Haha! Oh and of course, don't forget to mix the gochujang (고추장). I like spicy food so IN GOES EVERYTHING, LOL! Though it would be best to put in adequate amounts gradually till it matches your own preference on spiciness. TASTE? Definitely rich in flavor, I fell in love with it. You can individually appreciate the ingredients as they compliment one another (my taste buds are having a party!). A must-try for Bibimbap lovers like me! Price? P250~ worth it and not that expensive.

My friends ordered Jjajangmyeon (짜장면), the black bean noodles! Judging from their facial reactions and comments made while having a mouth full of noodles, YEP~ they pretty much enjoyed it. One of my friends even ordered another batch! WOAH~ Haha! Can't blame him though. ❤️



On our second visit, I ordered their Kimchi Tofu Stew (김치 찌개) and availed the sort of Bibimbap-ish meal with it (added P60 for that). It complimented the cold breeze that night as it was quite spicy - a perfect match! It was a big meal for one but for me it ain't. We were really REALLY hungry that night (from work then class!) TASTE? Delicious (진짜 맛있어요!). The stew had a rich spicy flavor, the tofu was silky and soft, and everything else was just yummy! PRICE? Costed me around P290.


Behold! A meal for one hungry Korean cuisine craving customer! 김치 찌개!

I want to highlight also the adorable Korean owner of the restaurant who would always greet us with a warm smile! I think it started when we complimented the dishes on our first visit, in Korean language! We managed to converse with her with our limited vocabulary and phrases! Hahaha.

I always believe that the success and popularity of a restaurant can be accounted for the delicious dish they make and how they treat their customers. In Seoul Express, we've felt that we were guests in a warm and cozy home of a Korean big sister who would make delicious food for us! ❤️❤️❤️

감사합니다 누나!!! 반갑습니다~

I encourage everyone especially Korean cuisine lovers like me and my friends to visit this place! It's definitely worth it. It's perfect for eating hearty meals with your friends, believe me. I love the satisfied feeling I get after eating their healthy and delicious dishes.

Follow me on Instagram to see more of my food posts and basically anything under the sun! Happy eating guys! Till next time!

Instagram: @galenpark

No comments:

Post a Comment